Saturday 16 June 2018

One week to go

Today I finished the last of my bike preparations which included installing new tires, pannier rack, and new brake pads. I also did an inventory of what I'll be taking with me, which I felt was a lot until I actually saw it spread out. Although I'm bringing an extra portable charger and a few extra items of clothing, without the guidebook and cooking stove (never needed it), my gear takes up less space than I anticipated.

I'll do some practice rides this week to get used to the new GPS, and give a little bit of thought as to what the plan is for the first few days of the trip, but otherwise I'm going to try and keep the itinerary as flexible as possible.

My next post will be from the road, stay tuned!


All my gear laid out. Not pictured are my lock, water bottles, extra tubes, or food



Dolores fully loaded. 68lbs not including water and food.


No comments:

Post a Comment