Thursday 28 June 2018

Day 5 1/2: Day Off

Today's painting from the shore of Lakeview Park,  Kingsville

I took today off riding but figured an update was in order given how yesterday ended.

Most important - I feel fine.  If it's possible,  getting thrown off my bike might have actually knocked things into alignment because my knee and back feel better than before.

As for Dolores, I hammered the large chain ring flat(ish). I still see a bit of a wobble, but I'm afraid to overwork it,  and the chain seems to be running smoothly so I'm going to leave it alone for now and reassess after I'm back on a long ride.

When all else fails,  bring out the hammer!

An industrious spider whipped up a home on Dolores overnight

Today I took things easy.  Kingsville is pleasantly quiet without much going on.  There's currently an infestation of fishflies that borders on biblical. The locals don't seem phased by it,  but it's a little freaky seeing them plastered over every window in town.



I didn't realize how hot I'd been running the past few days,  so today's break really hit the spot. Now that I'm fully refreshed,  I'm really looking forward ro tomorrow's ride.

Lakeview Park


No comments:

Post a Comment