Saturday 14 July 2018

Day 19 1/2 - day off

I spent today mentally preparing for tomorrow's 190km ride.  I have about 115km to South Baymouth, about a 2 hour rest during the ferry ride,  and then about 75km to my motel.

I've covered this daily distance on previous tours a few times,  but never with deadlines to meet.  Ideally I'd take the 9:10am ferry so I'd have plenty of time to get to my motel, but that would mean leaving well before 4am to give me enough time to bike there with a buffer for poor terrain or weather.

I don't like the idea of riding on highway 6 in the dark, which means leaving closer to 6am, and that puts me on the next available ferry at 1:30pm.

I'm a little disappointed I won't have time to hang out in Tobermory once I get off the ferry, but I'll need to book it to get to my motel before check in closes. It'll be tight, but I'm confident I'll make it.

As well as mentally preparing for tomorrow,  I biked around Espanola for a bit and did some painting.

Highway 6 outside Espanola

Spanish River

I'm planning to hit the sack early tonight, I'll need to be fresh in the morning.

It's going to be a long day.


No comments:

Post a Comment